31 October 2011

Is This How You Imagined Your Life, Edna?

This is how I've been feeling lately, with the laundry and the internet and even the thing with the videos (but I use Netflix so there are no late fees piling up–just the average rental price of the same 3 DVDs I've had out for the last two months–and no slow, resentful bike rides to the video shop. Instead I take slow, resentful walks to the supermarket and occasionally the library). Except for the end. I still have feelings left. I spend a lot of time feeling like I'm about to cry and I kind of wish I would because maybe that would be cathartic.
I have many thoughts about what causes me to feel this way but they're disjointed. I've started seeing a therapist again, and I wonder whether it would be useful to write down all of my thoughts and feelings and have my therapist help me organize them in a useful way. I could organize them myself but I'm not sure my arrangement would be useful. But I have no inner strength for anything any more, not even that. I'm almost unable to write this any more right now.
I feel as badly as ever I have, more or less just waiting to die. I can't bring myself to make it happen but part of me wishes I could. I think eventually I will, probably not this time, or the next, but maybe the time after that, or the one after that. I guess I'm not entirely hopeless yet. I don't have any faith that my hope will be realized, but for now I still hope, even though every day shows it to be vain and makes it seem like an obstacle.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home